DEI Lunch & Learn
LEADING A HIGH-PERFORMANCE DIVERSE TEAM
If we look back, not very far though, the focus of learning in terms of Leadership Skills for Senior Management Teams had been on technical training as they were supposed to lead a workforce of technically sound professionals. The emerging dynamics of demography and philosophical influence of diversity, advocates have redefined the parameters of successful leadership – lead and manage a diverse and complex mix of people, skills, and interests to optimize the results.
The “DEI Lunch & Learn” program provides you the building blocks of this style of leadership. The program is offered in 4 sessions of 90 minutes. Each of these sessions is a critical aspect of leadership for diversity.
Snapshot of the sessions:
• UNDERSTANDING VARIOUS MYTHS AND REALITIES ABOUT DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
This session will cover the types of diversity and inclusion beyond the buzz words that are in vogue today on social media.
• LEADING DIVERSITY WITH STRENGTH OF EMOTIONAL QUOTIENT
Leaders will learn to use Emotional Intelligence as a roadmap to practice empathy, positive outlook, self-control, conflict management and teamwork.
• MINDFULNESS FOR EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP
Mindfulness clears away the trivia and needless worries about unimportant things, nurture passion for your work and compassion for others, and develop the ability to empower the people in your organization.
• BIAS – AWARE LEADERSHIP
One of the most important challenges is to overcome the unconscious biases we all have. More than often even the most compassionate and effective leaders can demonstrate, “micro-inequities” unintentionally, such as needlessly providing details of a task to a woman team member because of her gender. The more we are aware of these biases – the better we can make the most of our team
*Printable manuals included for all sessions.
- You will develop clear understanding as to what it really means to be a diverse and inclusive organization with full transparency and without tokenism.
- You will have an in-depth understanding of emotional quotient versus IQ and how it helps to create a solution- oriented roadmap for effective management equipped with empathy, positivity to enhance team effectiveness.
- You will be equipped to practice mindfulness that will save you to get caught up in mundane distractions and meaningless worries and help you focus more on “here” and “now” that are essential for your goals. In addition, you will go home with a purpose sheet to help you better focus on your day to day actions towards your desired objectives.
- You will be able to determine as to how your preconceived assumptions and biases can influence your day to day interactions and subsequent decision making while managing a diverse team. In addition, you will also be equipped to make a conscientious effort to deal with those assumptions and biases.